|Please sign this petition now opposing the Government's proposal to make large areas of protected oldgrowth forests available for logging (and share it as widely as possible)|
To Gladys Berejiklian (Premier of NSW),
Your government has recently announced its intention to drastically weaken the logging rules (Integrated Forestry Operations Approval - IFOA) to remove numerous protections for NSW's threatened species, Koalas, oldgrowth forest and fish.
The people of NSW call upon you to:
- Stop the NSW Government proceeding with these draconian changes.
- Ensure that public forests are managed for the public good (ie: tourism, environmental repair, carbon sequestration and storage, wildlife habitat and provision of clean, abundant water)
- Stop planning to log areas protected as habitat for threatened species, Koalas, oldgrowth forest, and stream buffers.
- Stop increasing logging intensity and legalising clearfell logging along the North Coast of NSW.
- Stop propping up the rapacious native forest logging industry at the cost of species extinction, logging dieback, reduced stream flows and water quality decline.
- End the logging of public native forest and complete the transition of the timber industry to 100% plantations.