|Please sign this petition now opposing the Government's proposal to make large areas of protected oldgrowth forests available for logging (and share it as widely as possible)|
- Stop the NSW Government proceeding with these draconian changes.
- Ensure that public forests are managed for the public good (ie: tourism, environmental repair, carbon sequestration and storage, wildlife habitat and provision of clean, abundant water)
- Stop planning to log areas protected as habitat for threatened species, Koalas, oldgrowth forest, and stream buffers.
- Stop increasing logging intensity and legalising clearfell logging along the North Coast of NSW.
- Stop propping up the rapacious native forest logging industry at the cost of species extinction, logging dieback, reduced stream flows and water quality decline.
- End the logging of public native forest and complete the transition of the timber industry to 100% plantations.
SOS: Virtual Protection for Virtual Koalas Won't Save a Species
"It beggars belief that money is being spent on models for koalas that ignores whether an area has been logged or not, and the age of the trees in the area concerned. Virtual habitat might be good for virtual koalas, but we want to see actual koalas protected"